Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Clutch Problem

Search this Thread

Old October 19th, 2013, 8:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problem

I need some help. I have been working on vehicles most of my life. I left the being a mechanic and pusued a different career. A few mnonths ago I had to replace the slave cylinder. I decided to replace the clutch and pressure plate. I reinstalled the parts according to OEM specs. I had no pedal stayed on the floor. I bleed the line and pedal came up but felt squishy. I bleed it one more time and the checked the pedal slave cylinder blew. I changed it again did the same but this time the slave cylinder blew while bleeding it. I replaced it again same out come. I changed the cluthc master, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate as well as another slave cylinder, (at the request on Chevy Dealer). It blew the slave cylinder again. I did find all the slave cyclinders are made by FTE. I have tried to contact them with no responce. The parts were purchased from Chevrolet. I can't figure out why this keeps happening. Am I missing something. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old October 20th, 2013, 9:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh by the way Sorry, its an 04 cavalier 5spd 2.2l ecotec