head light issue - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

head light issue

Old August 19th, 2018, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

Default head light issue

i have a 2001 cavalier 2 door. i have no low beams no high beams, no drl, not even the high beam indicator on the dash comes on. all other lights, turn signals, brake lights, everything else works. i have replaced both bulbs and the headlight switch. did not fix. i checked the 2 15 amp head light fuses there good. what would make the high and low beams and the drl lights stop working? also i slammed the door to hard and the exterior handle rod popped of fthe latch and interior handle is broken, how can i remove the door pannel to fix the door latch?
Old August 19th, 2018, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

latch fixed. stared the car put it in drive, daytime lights came on along with the dash indicator. turned on the headlights with it in drive, they were still lit at headlights but dash indicator for drl was still on. didnt try high beams i was tired. its hot in houston. so i came to the conclusion the drl comes on when the car is in gear. that problem fixed itself, however when i turned on the headlights with car in gear and the dash indicator was still on, does that mean the low beams were not working and it was still using the drl? with the car in park the headlights do not come on with either low or high beams
Old August 20th, 2018, 8:38 AM
CF Beginner

Oh something i just noticed with the keys in my pocket when i turn my headlight switch to headlight not park light but main lights, my factory radio turns on
Old January 12th, 2019, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default To answer your question

Its comon for cavaliers to have headlight issues, its usually poor ground, factory fix is to replace the entire harness starting near the battery, when i had this issue i jumped a fresh ground wire from passenger side headligts ground to driverside ground, may have just been a bandaide. But its worked well for the last 2 years.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: