Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Looking to mod my 04 cavalier

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2015, 3:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to mod my 04 cavalier

Hey everyone i hope im in the right place. Im looking to mod my cavalier but im not sure the proper steps to take. Im going to put a new muffler and CAI on it asap with hopefully a ram air style set-up. Just doing a quick google search for performance on my car I've found competition cams from various sites and what appears to be a full turbo kit. Now not being a gearhead i don't know if i can just add these parts without worry or if i need to do others first before hand...... Can anyone help me head in the right direction?

Fyi its an 04 Cavalier 2.2l ecotec 5spd (not z24)
Old September 16th, 2015, 7:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

there is a drop in supercharger kit made by gm for this engine. try jbody.org and clubcav for specific cav website information.
Old September 16th, 2015, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Yeah but i can't find any direct links to anything and everytime i fill out info for clubcav it sends me to a blank page for some stupid reason so i can't get registered with them
Old September 17th, 2015, 8:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

try zzp performance.

cai intake are ram air kits are jewellery. it will be a $600 price tag and you will go no faster. imo save your money for a S/C kit. the pull is impressive.
Old September 25th, 2015, 1:52 PM
CF Beginner

yeah honestly there is no point in modding a cavalier... no offense. The only things that will net you any real gains are supercharger/turbo and honestly you are going to be looking at a LOT of work and a pretty big price tag for some less than impressive performance.

But if you are set on doing it, you should definitely look into turbo/supercharger kits (real ones, not ebay turbo kits), a cam swap, and you will definitely need to build the motor unless you run low boost. Like Tech2 said CAI/ram air on an engine this small with this low output will net you nothing and cost way too much. AFTER you have a SC/Turbo then yeah, you should definitely get one.