Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Only one wiper works on my husbands 03 Cavalier. Need to know part name.

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2010, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Only one wiper works on my husbands 03 Cavalier. Need to know part name.

Hi and I apologize in advance for my complete lack of knowledge in automobiles. We had a snowstorm here a few days ago and my husband made it home fine. The next morning the drivers side wiper didn't work. We took it to our local Tire Kingdom and the mechanic there took a part out and told us it was broken and that is was a dealer part and put it back together. The part was a white piece of plastic slightly rounded with two little dome shaped holes on either side. I have no idea what it was and didn't think to ask the name. I can't seem to find a picture. Sorry for the stupid questions I am trying to find an autoparts store that can order it , but he is at work so we can't take the car now. Any ideas guys? I'm lost.
Old December 28th, 2010, 1:35 PM
CF Beginner

I would suggest looking at online classifieds for someone selling parts off their Cavalier or calling local salvage yards and describe the part to them. You could probably get it very cheap. I'd bet the same part is on a number of GM vehicles including a Pontiac Sunfire.
You may not have the best of luck finding a new one, although a GM dealer may be able to help you.
Old December 29th, 2010, 4:38 PM
CF Beginner

the same thing hapened on my 03 sunfire the part you are talking about i think is the part that makes the two arms work together but they break a fare bit because the plastic is crap. try to find one from an (i think) 01 or newer because the changed them before that and the parts dont work but you can get them from a cavalier or sunfire. i found one from the junkyard and just changed the whole are it was faster that way. hope this helps
Old December 30th, 2010, 2:07 AM
CF Beginner

The Cavy has been returned to its former state! Thank you Drive65 and Nomad76 for the advice. I am no car expert and he is even less so. I figured if anyone knew Chevy parts it would be Chevy enthusiasts. Much appreciation