Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Piece of ****

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2006, 9:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Piece of ****

Isn't it funny that most Toyotas are produced here in America. Bwahahahahaha
Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, Talk about a disgruntled Guy with a bad attitude..........WOW. I've got Toyotas Chevys, a Mitsubitsi and a Saturn. It's about mainteniance and car care, not the brand. I've had 260K on a Chevy and it did't use any oil, etc. Maybe He's Japanese and is still fighting WW2. I dunno? If He's American and has an attitude like that, maybe He should rethink His allegiances. He is sure a poor excuse for an American if He is. Some People...............!
Old October 22nd, 2006, 9:41 PM
CF Beginner

i bought a 2003 cavalier because i had heard how great they were. all my friends who had older ones loved them. my 2003 was good...until about a month before the warranty expired. they have replaced: power steering pump, steering rack, transmission mount, fuel ignition switch, catalytic converter and ultimately, the engine. it wasn't about maintenance; the car had 54,000 kilometres on it and had an oil change EVERY 5000 kms or 3 months as requried. filters replaced, tires rotated, etc. now i have 4000 kms on my new engine and the engine light has come on. and inexplicably, the control arm bushings are loose and need to be tightened and aligned. this year of the cavalier has been plagued with problems, and has shaken my faith in chevy cars. the older cavaliers go strong and go hard, but these newer ones are horrible. another friend who has a 2003 with 34,000 kms on it has already had her entire front suspension replaced (at 13,000 kms), and she's the most **** retentive car owner i've ever met. buyer beware.

toronto, on.
Old November 15th, 2006, 1:19 PM
CF Beginner

Dont go down on the domestics. I have a Cavalier with over 260,000km on it. I love it to death and its still going strong. Take care of your cars better and they will last longer. I keep it well maintained with oil changes and engine flushes. I just bought the first replacement part for it, a front pipe for the exhaust. I have never replaced anythign else on it besides plugs and wires. Hondas and Toyotas are produced in AMERICA! They are decent cars and do last a long time but there timports. Tehre made for busy people with busy lives and also for people who dont have a clue about cars. If shye was taking care of her Cav, it would last her forever. Did you check the gas? Its probally just on empty. By the statement you made about GM's you obviously have no clue about cars!!
Old November 15th, 2006, 8:11 PM
CF Active Member

cars are cars....no matter what. as it was stated before its all about preventative maint.. it dont matter how many miles on the thing its about how you care for it. if you drive a stock cavalier like a rally car, it wont last long dduuhh!!! and this comment is for the dumb *** that started this..... this site was created by gm enthusiasts for gm fans, so take your crying *** on the road with your rice burner and see how much the repairs and maintenance really cost..
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM
CF Active Member

u know what 313hitman, i agree with u 110% about what this site was created for, as for Importlxcivic i know a site he can go to for his fill of all things Honda, it's called www.****onhonda.com! -this is a real site, and it totally craps on the Hondas, big time.
Old November 21st, 2006, 1:01 AM
CF Beginner

I just got into a little accedent with my 99 with 104,000 and not too much happened to it. Sofar the only problem is a loose wire in the starter i am too lazy to tighten.
Old November 25th, 2006, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

I usually don't reply to threads like this. I've repaired AMC's to Lamborghini's. A car is a car. I believe it is how much you respect your car. I have a 94 Cavalier with 194,000 on it. The only thing I've done to it is change the multi function switch. I have friends that are retired engineers from Ford. They like me never change the oil in our vehicles. I change the filter regulary. No matter what the oil companies say oil does not break down(but anyway). I have a 99 F250 with 150,000 on it and only 5 oil changes on it still running strong. I believe it's all about attitude so if your sis has many car problems maybe she has the same attitude as you. I believe everything responds to our energy. Or maybe the shop just ripped her off. Anyway that is my view on this. Have a great day.