Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

QUESTION* 95 Cav 2.2

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2011, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTION* 95 Cav 2.2

Hello everyone. I am buying a 1995 Cavalier with a 2.2 Automatic. I am going to use it for a Dirt Track car. The rules state that i can make no Mods to Motor, trans, suspension, Pretty much leave the thing stock. And put a cage in it. *But* What if they couldnt see the mods? How about little HP/Acceleration Mods i could do. That they wouldnt be able to see or know about. Something that wouldnt be to expencive or too hard to accomplish? Im talkin. Other little things like.. How you aim the spark plug opening to the intake. It only adds one horsepower. But if i can get enough little things like that to make a difference. Do you guys have any little tips,techniques or advise on how to gain cheap HP that wouldnt be noticed when the hood is open? Unless you sit there and look at every little detail. Would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Jordan
Old January 22nd, 2011, 7:56 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

e3 spark plugs, k&n air filter, cut off the catylatic converter, also another thing that would take a lil research is to find out what lb/hr your injectors run at, then go for more out of a car from the junkyard
Old January 23rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

When you say e3 spark plugs. Are they the best? I heard that Bosche Platinums were pretty good?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
CF Pro Member

yes they are the best as far as i know, the way they are built makes it so u dont have to angle the plugs because they are built differently and dont have a conventional ground, look them up, bosch platnums are good too, and e3's are just a lil more expensive
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

Well... i personally thought the Bosche Platinum 4's would be the best. But then i heard you and an a buddy of mine say e3. But then, NGK iridium came into play. The car will be a dirt track car. Stock for the most part, other then a K&N Air filter and Accel Coil packs. We shall see. Thanks
Jordan
Old January 29th, 2011, 1:48 AM
CF Pro Member

E3's are new, but they have a lot of research that shows you gain a small power incrase and a substantial fuel economy increase