Chevelle & El Camino This section is intended to cover Chevelle, El Camino, and other GM A or G-Body RWD not otherwise covered

68 el camino sending unit wire location

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2014 | 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default 68 el camino sending unit wire location

Hi all, Could someone please help me out with where the sending unit positive wire on a 68 el camino comes out of? There's currently a fuel cell hooked up which i want to put a new stock gas tank in and had just noticed that there's no positive wire under there. I found a light brown/tan colored wire that's snipped off sticking out of the rear light harness a little but i'm not sure if that's it or not? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks! Rick
Old August 3rd, 2014 | 2:03 PM
CF Veteran

Hope this helps.
The GM Fuel Gauge Mystery 1965 & Newer |
I have a 68 buried in my garage; if this doesn't give you the necessary info I may be able crawl under and look fro you.
Old August 3rd, 2014 | 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Hi, Thanks for the help/link. Unfortunately that didn't help either. I looked everywhere online but couldn't find anything that explains or shows where the wire comes from that goes to the sending unit, I even looked at photos online that shows the entire rear wiring harness but still couldn't find what i need. I guess i may as well just go to a GM dealer and ask them. Rick