Chevelle & El Camino This section is intended to cover Chevelle, El Camino, and other GM A or G-Body RWD not otherwise covered

For Sale 1967 Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 454 large block

Old December 6th, 2016, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale 1967 Chevelle 300 Deluxe, 454 large block

I am trying to help a friend out by searching for anyone who might be interested in buying a 1967 Chevelle 300 Deluxe. It does run. If you're interested then let me know what info you would like about it and I can round that up. I don't know a lot about the car, but can find out.
Old December 24th, 2016, 1:20 PM
CF Junior Member

condition, price or pictures ???
Old December 24th, 2016, 2:49 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If he has it listed on Craigs list or whatever, post a link.
Old December 27th, 2016, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Richard Till
condition, price or pictures ???
She's really hoping to get $18-$20K for it. I don't believe she's posted it on Craigs yet. This is the information I know about it. It was given to her by her ex-husband and she doesn't know a lot about Chevelles other than it was his baby and his project. There are a lot of nice chromed parts under the hood but not many, if any, are OEM. Obviously, the Chevelle was never manufactured with a 454 so that automatically makes it less valuable in my mind because it's not original equipment. But nonetheless, I know there are some out there that are more interested in suping up these old muscle cars so it is likely still marketable. It's painted a Tampa Bay Buccaneer's gray because that was the guy's favorite team. When she first got it it didn't run so she had it towed to a mechanic. That mechanic put in a lot of work to re-wire nearly the entire car because it was unsafe and things weren't right so I know that all the wiring is great. They also got it running and safe to drive. I know that there is no fabric on the ceiling inside the cabin. I can try to get some pictures posted on the forum here if she can get some to me. She's kind of being standoffish to any assistance with selling it, so I'll see what she'll surrender. Ultimately she's at a crossroads where she's been told by the mechanic that he would buy it for $8K, but she's put in $4K in all the repairs thus far, and her major dilemma is that she knows her ex had put nearly $40K into that car (she's knows because she had to help get him out of the credit card debt that paid for it all) and she would feel it insulting to sell it for even $10-$12K which is the maximum that the mechanic thinks it's worth. However, the mechanic is not a Chevelle expert nor a major collector in general so she still is holding out hope that she can get $18-$20K for it. I'm just on this forum to seek opinions from Chevelle experts on the feasibility of her quest and yes, ultimately see if there's anyone interested in buying it.

Search this Thread