Notices
Classic Trucks (Prior to 1987) Section for all discussion related to the Classic Chevrolet and GMC trucks prior to 1987.

Stall size not knowing cam size

Old June 13th, 2019, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stall size not knowing cam size

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I recently bought a 86 K10 someone was turning into a mud bog truck but I think it is in too good of condition for that to happen to it. it's practically rust free and the interior is great. The person I bought it from did not know much about it nor could he get in touch with the person who started building it. With that being said I lucked out with the truck having a built 383 in it. unfortunately it has a 4000 stall and sounds like Grave Digger trying to move. I'm wondering if I can lower the stall not knowing what size camshaft I have? I do know I have roller rockers and solid lifters. Any insight you guys have would be appreciative. I just want to get the classics back on the street.
Old June 14th, 2019, 8:20 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

if you want to drive it on the streets i would op for something much lower, i would go with something around 1600. having driven a stock engine truck with a stall around 2k and shift kit, i will never do that again. it came with really hard shifts, granted it was fun if i wanted to get on it hard but just cruising around was a pain.

Search this Thread