Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

06 cobalt wiper and door locks. BCM issue?

Old May 14th, 2016, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 06 cobalt wiper and door locks. BCM issue?

06 cobalt base model with automatic and pwr locks.
PROBLEM 1: wipers not functioning properly on low, delay, mist. they run for 8 cycles and stop about 1/6 further than they started. This was tested with no load on motor. High runs continuous but when switched off they don't park, just stop wherever they are in the cycle. switch tested good and verified with donor. Whats happening is there is only an 8 cycle long BCM to on/off relay. high/low capability only during the first 8 cycles. after that, low stops signal to on/off relay. I assume a BCM swap will require tech 2 capabilities...I do not have. or a visit to dealer. Has anyone done component level repairs on the BCM itself that could avoid VIN related components such as replacing a diode, 16 or 20 pin chip just related to wiper circuit etc.

PROBLEM 2: door locks cycle randomly parked or driving. FOB works fine. am I chasing a PRNDL switch issue or is this likely BCM also. It seems to be slightly reactive to moving gear selector lever.

Additional info needed: BCM pin locations for wiper and wiper switch, schematic info on door lock circuit, BCM pin locations for grounds and chassis grounding points used for BCM.
thanks for your help.

Last edited by gto8u; May 14th, 2016 at 9:38 PM. Reason: troubleshooting was not thorough the first time

Search this Thread