Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

08- Power window not working

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2011, 12:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08- Power window not working

Hi ,

I have a 2008 Cobalt , and my driver side window will not operate.
The rest of the power windows work , so I know it is not the fuse.
How can I tell if it is the motor , and or the Regulator? Any ideas would help and possible instruction on how to remove the inner door skin.

Thanks,
Dave
Old July 24th, 2011, 2:44 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by dlittle
Hi ,

How can I tell if it is the motor , and or the Regulator? Any ideas would help and possible instruction on how to remove the inner door skin.

Thanks,
Dave
Remove the door panel, unplug the motor, with a voltmeter or test light check the plug while operating the switch. If you get a light or voltage, it is the motor.
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by dlittle
Hi ,

Thanks,
Dave
Dave,

Removing the interior door panel is a relatively painless procedure, save for disconnecting the cable attached to the inside door latch. The door release latch is attached to the back of the door panel, so it will be disconnected at the last step:

**You may want to refer to this Cobalt door diagram in order to familiarize yourself with the parts that you'll be working with

First, behind the inside door latch is a cover. At the top of the cover is a small notch. Use a small flat screwdriver to pry the cover off.

The screw behind the cover should now be exposed.

Next, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw holding the latch area to the metal door frame. Even though the door release cable is disconnected at the last step, you still have to remove this screw.

Caution: The latch cannot be removed from the plastic door panel from the outside.

Next, use a pry tool and released the clip holding the top of the mirror cover from the metal door frame.

Caution: The mirror cover is attached to the door panel and can only be removed with the door panel.

After that, remove the inside door pull handle. Use a small flat screwdriver to remove the cover at the bottom of the pull handle.

With a Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws at the bottom of the pull handle.

Lifting the pull handle/switch assembly, slide it towards the rear and you'll be able to release the front tab from the door panel.

Next, press the release clips on each of the wire connectors and pull them out of the switch panel.

Use a flat pry tool to release the snap clips separating the plastic door panel from the metal door shell.

It's time to llift the door panel up and over the door lock stem and lip of the metal door shell.

To remove the door release cable, pull the plastic cable sleeve from the latch. Remove the metal cable end from the door release handle.

The plastic sheet, or dust cover, can be removed to reach parts inside the door, such as the power door lock or power window mechanisms.

Viola! You are done good sir
Old August 8th, 2012, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Go to the dealership! It is taking way too long to do at home!!!