Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

09 Cobalt LT lethal Steering issues

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2011, 12:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Cobalt LT lethal Steering issues

Last night when i was driving i was doing a slight left on the freeway when all of the sudden the car seemed to feel like it was fish tailing from the front, and i had almost no control, if i didnt step on the brakes. So i didnt really think nothing of it till coming back home today when it did the same thing to me on almost every left i had to make on the freeway.

When i go right it seems to be fine but then again i dont want to push it and be doing 70 when this issue happens again.

I'v checked the ball joints, axles, and whatever else the suspension has to offer and everythign looks to be ok.

Also it looks like the Transmission mount in the rear of the motor is broken, could this cause the car to be off balance or something?

Could this be a problem with the electric power steering?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Old May 31st, 2011, 8:36 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasenford89
Last night when i was driving i was doing a slight left on the freeway when all of the sudden the car seemed to feel like it was fish tailing from the front, and i had almost no control, if i didnt step on the brakes. So i didnt really think nothing of it till coming back home today when it did the same thing to me on almost every left i had to make on the freeway.

When i go right it seems to be fine but then again i dont want to push it and be doing 70 when this issue happens again.

I'v checked the ball joints, axles, and whatever else the suspension has to offer and everythign looks to be ok.

Also it looks like the Transmission mount in the rear of the motor is broken, could this cause the car to be off balance or something?

Could this be a problem with the electric power steering?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jasenford89,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Cobalt. I would advise you to check with your dealership to confirm the issue. Also, if you would provide me with your VIN, I can see if there are any recalls on your vehicle.

Thank you!

Elizabeth, Chevrolet Customer Service

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Service; May 31st, 2011 at 8:41 AM.