Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

12v+ Switched Ignition Circuit for Aftermarket Radio (2006 Cobalt LS)

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 4:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12v+ Switched Ignition Circuit for Aftermarket Radio (2006 Cobalt LS)

Greetings! I am trying to install an aftermarket radio into my 2006 Cobalt LS. I am trying to figure out where to connect the 12V+ Switched Ignition power. After doing some research, it seems as though I should be able to do this somewhere in the interior fuse panel. I opened everything up and got to the fuse panel, however the map of the panel and the actual fuses do not even vaguely match, so I have no idea where to connect this wire. I have attached a picture of the fuse panel map and the actual fuse panel to see if anyone can make sense of this. Anybody ever have a similar problem? Is there another place to connect the switched ignition power wire? Thank you much!
Attached Thumbnails 12v+ Switched Ignition Circuit for Aftermarket Radio (2006 Cobalt LS)-fuse.jpg   12v+ Switched Ignition Circuit for Aftermarket Radio (2006 Cobalt LS)-map.jpg  
Old May 17th, 2010, 1:34 AM
CF Beginner

In the picture, the big black thing in the upper right corner is number 30 on the map. However, the easiest way to find a fuse that would work is to test fuses until you find one that gives 12V when the key is in the ignition, but gives nothing when it's not. There should be a couple that do this, I do not remember which ones exactly though. Hope this helps.
Old May 17th, 2010, 3:43 AM
CF Active Member

If your looking for some power for just the remote on off. ign 1 fuse would be best. That way when the car key is put to the first position or anything after it should be on. If your looking for power to run a head unit with built in power amp. I sudjest drilling a hole in the fire wall putting a rubber grommit in it and running a power wire directly to the battery with a fuse at the battery. It is far cheaper to replace a blown fuse than a blown fuse block.