Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2005 Chevy Cobalt has security lock out symbol lit up after battery dead for 12 mon.

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Chevy Cobalt has security lock out symbol lit up after battery dead for 12 mon.

Hello helpful people
My sister has a 2005 Chevy Cobalt that has the security light up and motor will not turn over. The battery was dead for 12 months so got a new battery but security light still up and motor will not turn over. Can someone tell me how the security system works? Can someone tell me how to get past this problem. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help,
Glen Miller
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, Canada
Old May 13th, 2017, 8:36 PM
CF Beginner

im having senilar problems, i put a fuse in my horn slot and the horn sounded, i thought , oh its part of the security system, i pulled the fuse out and tried starting the car and it would not turn over, what can i do?
Old May 13th, 2017, 8:43 PM
CF Beginner

im having semilar issues with my 2006 Chevy Cobalt, i put a fuse in my horn slot and the horn sounded, i thought, oh, its part of the security system, so i pulled the fuse and tried to start the car, it would not start. what can i do to override security, or what can i look at to start?