Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2007 Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2012, 5:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Daytime Running Lights

I have a 2007 Cobalt. A few weeks ago, I had to replace a head light bulb and the LH low beam fuse. Everything was working fine until I noticed a few days ago that the DRL are not working at all now. I have tried manually turning the lights off and on. It's still displaying the messages "Auto lights on" and "Auto lights off" on the dash. The headlights will still work and come on with no problems either automatically at night or when I manually turn them on. We assumed it was a fuse again and checked both the RH & LH hi and low beam fuses. All were fine. As a precaution, we went ahead and replaced all 4 fuses, but the DRL still are not working. Any suggestions on what to check next?
Old April 21st, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. The DRL has a separate relay and fuse which should be in the underhood fuse block. Either one can be the culprit.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> LMH579,

"EinSt" offers a great advice. Please refer to pages 387 and 388 of the owner's manual for additional information. For your convenience, a digital copy of the manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...let-Cobalt.pdf. Refer to page 5-109 in the digital copy of the manual.

Please keep in mind, the DRL system will make the headlamps come on when the following conditions are met:

- The ignition is on.
- The exterior lamps control is in AUTO or the parking lamps only position.
- The light sensor detects daytime light.
- The parking brake is released.

Make sure there isn't anything on top of the dashboard covering the light sensor. If the sensor cannot detect light, the DRL may not work properly.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service