Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2008 cobalt LT. turn signal lever / switch issues

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2024, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 cobalt LT. turn signal lever / switch issues

If you guys can help me figure this out I will forever be thankful!

My girlfriend has a 2008 Chevy cobalt. The turn signal lever snapped at the base. So I told her I could replace it for her to save her some money. She went to advanced auto and got one that was confirmed by advance auto to be compatible with her year/make/model

It looks 100% identical. But I was not sure if it was OEM when I got over and saw it…it installed just fine. However after completing the install and test driving. I found two issues.

1. When you engage the turn signal, both left or right. after completing the proper turn. The turn signal does not cancel on its own, you must turn it off on your own… not the end of the world but it bothers my girlfriend. So i want to make it right for her.

Second. Both the previous lever and the new one have auto running lights. But before with the previous. The headlights would turn off when you put the car in park and shut off the engine..

Now with the new lever. She has to remember to turn the lights off each time she gets out of the car as they will remain on.. that worries me because I don’t want her alone/stranded with a dead battery in need of help if I can’t get to her.

Which can be problematic on a bright sunny day. She parks and forgets the lights are on and does not notice.

i need some help with this one.. someone mentioned the turn signal issue could be due to the clock spring? But I don’t know much about them. Thanks so much.