Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2008 Cobaltm completely locked up...at a loss...

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2013, 2:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2008 Cobaltm completely locked up...at a loss...

Ok so here's the situation...

It's your basic issue where the car was working, then all of a sudden, the engine wouldn't turn over, and the starter kept clicking but nothing happened. Noticed the security light coming on, researched a bit and found it was pretty common for that light coming on due to a low battery, or suddenly needing to "re-learn" the keys.

After looking up plenty of "sit there for 30 minutes with the key in the ignition" stories, I decided to try that. So I'm out there with the key in the ignition, popped the trunk to look at the engine cuz I'm bored....Check the car and the key won't come out.

After finally getting the keys free, I now realize that EVERYTHING is locked up now. The brake won't release, the ignition won't even budge to turn the radio on, I can't release the parking brake...the car is in full lock down.

So at this point, I'm not sure what to do, or why this car that has no alarm or security features that I know of, has now gotten to the point where nothing even moves. If anyone has any advice or info, I'd greatly appreciate your comments!