Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2009 Cobalt Lt auto locks, fob, and mirrors don't work

Search this Thread

Old August 11th, 2019, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Cobalt Lt auto locks, fob, and mirrors don't work

Hey guys, I just bought a 2009 cobalt, when I was looking at it I thought the door lock problem was a fuse problem and the fob was a battery. But I checked the fuse for the locks and for the mirrors, and I changed the battery. I can press unlock on the drivers door unlock and it unlocks them. But nothing locks all of them. The fob won't open the trunk or unlock or lock. But the panic button works. When I press lock or unlock on the fob it stops the panic button. The passenger side unlock button doesn't work either. Can anyone help me out. I'm gonna check the wiring for the door switches this week, but that probably won't explain the fob.
Old August 16th, 2019, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil Morris
Hey guys, I just bought a 2009 cobalt, when I was looking at it I thought the door lock problem was a fuse problem and the fob was a battery. But I checked the fuse for the locks and for the mirrors, and I changed the battery. I can press unlock on the drivers door unlock and it unlocks them. But nothing locks all of them. The fob won't open the trunk or unlock or lock. But the panic button works. When I press lock or unlock on the fob it stops the panic button. The passenger side unlock button doesn't work either. Can anyone help me out. I'm gonna check the wiring for the door switches this week, but that probably won't explain the fob.
Just took the doors apart today to change out the speakers, checked the controls, all wires look good. Controls look in good shape. So must be something else.