Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Air Conditioner Trouble

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2019, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner Trouble

I have an 2008 Chevy Colbalt LS that I’m having some issues with. Any advice would be awesome! My a/c is blowing out hot air. I tried to put more Freon in it and the gauge automatically went right to red, like it has to much Freon in it. What do you think would help?
Old July 9th, 2019, 2:25 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Is the compressor running? Is it turning on and off? It might be that the system is cooling but the blend door is stuck in the heat position.
Old July 9th, 2019, 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default a/c not working

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Is the compressor running? Is it turning on and off? It might be that the system is cooling but the blend door is stuck in the heat position.
My compressor isn’t kicking off and on. I was thinking it might have to much Freon in it and this preventing the compressor to come on. I wasn’t sure. I would I check if it’s the blend door?
Old August 2nd, 2019, 8:14 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chas27
I have an 2008 Chevy Colbalt LS that I’m having some issues with. Any advice would be awesome! My a/c is blowing out hot air. I tried to put more Freon in it and the gauge automatically went right to red, like it has to much Freon in it. What do you think would help?

Visit the Autoguysland to review more reasons and solution for AC system.
Maybe a small refrigerant leak on AC system that causes the AC loses its cool. A leak in AC system could be causing the unit blow warm air, sine there isn't enough refrigerant in this system to cool things down. Also, it maybe the acid can corrode the inside of compressor, spreading metal fragments throughout A/C system and causing widespread damage, blockage, and component failure.
Old August 3rd, 2019, 7:32 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

If the compressor isn't coming on, then it is not the blend door.