Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

A/C Blowing Warm Air While Moving, Cold Air While Idling

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2015, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Blowing Warm Air While Moving, Cold Air While Idling

Hello,

I've got a 2008 Cobalt LS 2.0L. Recently, I started noticing the air conditioning was blowing just cool, sometimes even warm air. I also noticed the coolant temperature reading in the dash was reading "---". I replaced the thermostat (didn't fix the problem) and the coolant temperature sensor (this fixed the reading issue).

The Issue
It seems pretty consistent that when I'm idling, the a/c blows pretty cold - about as cold as I'd expect. However, when moving, even at low speeds, the a/c blows cool to warm air. This happens regardless of if I am in "fresh air" or "recirculate" mode and whether I'm going 15 or 65 MPH.

I've also noticed that what I think is the a/c compressor kicking on and off constantly; it never fully stays on when the a/c is turned on - it's usually off/on/off/on every 3 seconds or so. Here's a clip of what this sounds like.

Steps Taken
I've tried adding some R-134a, but that did not fix the issue

Looking for Help
If anyone has any advice on what to look for, or, if I need to take it somewhere, where a decent place to take it (I'm in Nashville, TN). I am fairly mechanically inclined & I have a decent assortment of tools, so I wouldn't be against trying to fix the problem myself if it's possible.

Last edited by motoxer4533; May 9th, 2015 at 8:03 AM. Reason: Added audio
Old February 1st, 2016, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default A/c

I have a 07 Tahoe and I'm having a problem with the a/c. The rear a/c blows out good and I can control it from the front controls. But the front a/c will not blowing at all. Defrost, the vents, nor the floor. Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old February 1st, 2016, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Vortex max

I have a 2007 chevy ltz vortex max 6.0. It keeps dropping lifters. Does anybody else have or had this problem?
Old February 5th, 2016, 5:24 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Robby
I have a 07 Tahoe and I'm having a problem with the a/c. The rear a/c blows out good and I can control it from the front controls. But the front a/c will not blowing at all. Defrost, the vents, nor the floor. Any solutions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hi Robby,

Have you brought this to the dealership's attention? They will be in the best position to provide you with a possible resolution if you choose to work with them. If you need the additional assistance, we would be happy to get in touch with them. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care