Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2008, 8:23 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control

Just tell them to use their tech2, build the car, select Vehicle Control Systems, then navigate to Computer/Integrating Systems, once in the Computer/Integrating Systems menu select Module Replacement/Setup and follow the instructions on the scan tool.

It will ask a bunch of questions regarding the options on the car, one of them will be about the cruise control, just say yes it does have this option.

Old February 14th, 2008, 1:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the dearlerships told me there was also a "calibration code" that needed to be entered also? Do you know if that is true and if so where and how I could get the code?
Old February 14th, 2008, 8:55 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

there is no code......
Old February 17th, 2008, 7:35 PM
CF Active Member

Cruise can be added just needs to be turned on in the bcm. With the tech 2. I have done alot of these upgrades 99% have been aftermarket upgrades. which are cheaper that buying a new steering wheel.
Old February 20th, 2008, 5:09 PM
CF Beginner

I just had it done and it does work. The tech that actually completed it only took about 20 minutes start to finish. Thanks for all the help.
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Hello

I have an '08 Cobalt, 5 speed, no cruise. I've considered installing a Rosta aftermarket cruise, but was curious about installing the OEM cruise buttons and found this discussion. I understand that your found a whole steering wheel from an SS on ebay, with the buttons, wiring and probabaly everything except the air bag? But, based on your experience, what's really needed to instal OEM cruise.

I suspect that what isneeded if I can't find a deal on ebay is:

1. OEM cruise buttons andnew plastic cover

2. New wiring harness within the steering wheel assembly?

What do you think? Thanks.
Old June 25th, 2008, 1:44 PM
CF Beginner

I just purchased a 2008 Colbalt LS manual transmission. It does not have cruise and i was concidering purchasing a different steering wheel with the cruise buttons on it, to have them changed out. From what I read here this can be done however the car I read about was an automoatic. I just want to know if somebody can let me know if there is anything different I need to do other than the brake and clutch wires. Thanks
Old June 25th, 2008, 2:11 PM
CF Beginner

From what I understand now GM will no longer support any dealer added cruise control options. I actually work at a dealership and have been talking with my service department about the way I installed mine and how to do it on other applications. Just when I has trying to have them install it on one of my customers cars the dealership received the e-mail bulletin about no longer supporting that. I don't know if there is a way around that or not. Otherwise all the other components are usually there like the brake switch and the sensor letting the computer know that it is in neutral. You should just need to install the steering wheel with the switches and program the computer to recognize it.
Old July 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM
CF Beginner

Default cobalt cruise control

I work for a chevy dealer and just bought an 09 cobalt. All you have to do to get FACTORY cruise control is order a steering wheel with the switches. I ordered the leather wheel with cruise and radio controls Part number is 25826816 and dealer cost is 155.54 and list is 272.88. All the wires connect just like the old one does and then you'll need to get a tech II scan tool or have the dealer program it. The instructions are simple and I'll post the link to the directions here

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/cobaltprogram.pdf

Boom youre done. After installing the new wheel, my radio volume buttons worked, the bluetooth button works as a mute button (bluetooth wont work unless equipped with onstar) and I was also given new options in the driver info display which are instant mpg and average speed.
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:25 AM
DTO
CF Beginner

Default Cobalt cruise control

I want to add OEM cruise to my 2009 Cobalt. I see from other questions about it that everyone get a new stering wheel with the switches...any reason you cant just get the switches and install them on the existing wheel??? Thanks

Quick Reply: Cruise Control