Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Having Trouble After Re-Installing 2007 Cobalt Ecotec Engine Back In

Search this Thread

Old June 27th, 2017, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Trouble After Re-Installing 2007 Cobalt Ecotec Engine Back In

I pulled the engine out because after the engine overheated it quit and there was zero compression. I discovered 3 pistons were damaged (holes in the top of the pistons in the rear of the pistons near the exhaust valves); so I replaced all 4 pistons with new ones. I replaced all valves (intake and exhaust) and installed a new timing chain and sprockets. I balanced the shaft chain and sprockets. Re-installed engine and hooked everything up. Now the engine tries to start, but doesn’t. Not sure what could be wrong. I haven’t checked the compression yet. It has 50 lbs of fuel pressure, has spark, and the battery is good.

Two DTC’s (P0107 and P0340) came up. This is my first time working on the Ecotec engine. I appreciate any suggestions as to where I should go from here. If anyone could give me information as to how the hydraulic valve lash adjusters work, that would be greatly appreciated. I also noticed that the throttle plate looks like it is open more than it should be. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.