Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Hello Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2009, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hello Sleeper

hello forum enthusiasts, recently my father and i have decided in a couple tears once we have the money saved to make my 2008 2dr colbalt lt a sleeper. we want to put the supercharged engine and the manual transmission into my car therefore making it an ss with out the emblems, spoiler or wheels. Do you think this is at all possible? or would i be better off trading my car in for an ss? this is all thinking out-loud right now but we are very much so considering it.

thanks,
colby
Old September 22nd, 2010, 12:46 AM
CF Beginner

Your better off swapping it out for a Ss or doing a 2.4 swap and adding the supercharger, they can make big power but for sleeper you should swap out do the lnf turbo engine, much quieter for big power, they have gotten 505 hp out of them now
Old September 30th, 2010, 8:00 AM
CF Beginner

It would be possible to swap in a supercharged motor, but would probably be more cost effective to just buy a used SS Turbocharged. With all stock parts and a tune you can put down close to 300whp and 325+wtq