Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Interchangeable Parts

Search this Thread

Old August 31st, 2009, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable Parts

I have 3 Cobalts, two in need of repair. Of these two, the 2007 4dr LS is the best, 32,000 miles but front and rear damage, driver air bag, front seat belts, bumpers-front and back, fenders front, hood front. The other is a 2005, 2dr with 105,000 miles and the engine has blown. The 2005 front end bumper, hood, fenders look like they'll fit on the 2007. Will they?

The rear of the 2005 looks entirely different. Can someone advise what years and models have a complete bumper assembly that would fit my 2007, of course other than another 2007. I need to go parts shopping.

Thanks and regards
Old August 31st, 2009, 12:35 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

As far as I know, there was nothing changed from 2005 to 2007 in the front end.
Don't just go on my statement though...I'm not 100% sure.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 8:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with what you said Brent. The only thing that I can think of that may have changed is the venting for the front bumper, but I (seriously) doubt it did. Might want to take a look. Seat belts might be interchangeable but the only reason I would say they could possibly not be would be because one is a coupe and the other is a sedan. So it may mount to the b-pillar differently, you'd have to look though. Climb under there and see how the bumpers are mounted. Typically it's pretty easy to see what is interchangeable.

Hood, I would imagine so.
Fenders could be a no go because the doors are shaped differently for a coupe and sedan. I would recommend that you look extensively.
Airbags should be alright.
Seat belts, we already went over. The connector should be the same. Keep in mind that these are pyrotechnic seat belts. Which is the reason you are replacing them.
The front bumper should work.
The rear bumper, again, could work but due to the shape difference between the coupe and sedan, you need to take a closer look.