Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

My Gauges started jumping.

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2017, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Gauges started jumping.

I was driving and all at once my tach dropped to zero fuel gauge dropped to empty I got a low fuel warning then power steering warning the security lock was displayed, check engine light was on, trans started shifting real hard, any ideas please
Old November 20th, 2017, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

Default mine too

Did you ever find a solution to this. I had similar situation with my 06 cobalt. After I had changed the transmission fluid and filter(not sure if a connection between that and problem)
I took the car on a 25 mile errand. When I got on the highway, the security light came on, got power steering message(although power steering still worked), speedometer and tach needles started waivering back and forth, and transmission acted up. Concerned that if I shut it off it might not start I turned around and went home. In the safety of my garage I shut it off and when I restarted it everything seemed to be back to normal. Have seen other poasts about similar problem, but haven't seen any solution to it.
Old November 21st, 2017, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

the instrument cluster on the 06 colbat does not control the trans. kinda sounds like you were losing power. double check the charging system. if the cluster does lose power the gauges will act crazy
Old June 11th, 2018, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

It’s a common problem in the internals of the body control module. (BCM)

next time this happenes give the BCM a smack or kick, if it straightens right out that’s the culprit.

The BCM is located under the radio, passenger side. It is essentially the passenger side fuse box.