Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Need help and opinion

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2010, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help and opinion

ok so i have a cobalt ls 2.2 and i was changing out the camshaft cover seals becuz i had a small compression leak in cylinder four and was told that this may be the problem while doing this i got the cover off and realized that two camshaft followers and a hydraulic lash adjuster was blown apart across the engine on the exhaust side. Didn't have any problems performance wise im assuming cuz its dual over head cam so exhaust was still going out just on one valve. anyways i got those replaced and made the mistake of not timing the car correctly..i started it and it made a weird noise obviously and i immediatly shut it down maybe was on for like 3-4 sec. So my question is ..is everything ok and should i just go have it timed properly at a dealer or do u think some valves may be bent.. i did take off the intake manifold and no valves were bent on that end..opinons plz i would love to start driving my car again but its been garaged due to this and becuz its the winter so what do u think

Thanks.. Ohh and i would like to know if anyone knows the cost for having the dealer time the car for me
<!-- / message -->
Old February 12th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would look at it this way. The risk in case the valves are bent vs the money you would spend to have them replaced. It makes sense to would get it checked