Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Power Steering Recall

Search this Thread

Old March 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Power Steering Recall

Ok, forgive me if this is posted somewhere else on the forum, I did and search and couldnt' find anything...

So first off, let me say I am a CLUELESS GIRL when it comes to cars - like I barely know where to put in the gas, much less anything else - so bear with me.

Does anybody have ANY INFORMATION about the recall of 2005-2007 Cobalts in regards to the power steering failure issues? Mine goes out 5-10 times a day (worse when it's hot out - and when ISN'T it hot in Houston?). You can quicky turn the car off, then back on and it works again for a while, but it's not always feasible to turn your car off while driving - thank goodness for manual transmission.

I called several local Chevy dealers to find out something and when I mention "recall" I get put on terminal hold and no one ever answers the phone.

What is the normal procedure when there's a recall - do I just take it to a dealership and have them fix it? Do I have to wait until I get an official notice? Are there waiting lists? ( with more than 1 million cars involved, I assume there'd have to be some type of waiting list - surely not everyone can get their cars fixed at the same time ).

Help, please......
Old March 16th, 2010, 10:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.automotive.com/2005/49/ch...lls/82346.html

should be all the info you need. good luck, and welcome to our forums.
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello, I saw your concern with your vehicle. I will be direct messaging you to look into your issue further.

Thanks,
Jeff Morris