Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

The Replacement Speakers of Doom

Search this Thread

Old October 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The Replacement Speakers of Doom

Okay, so just recently I bought a used 2007 Chevy Cobalt. WAY better than my old car, but the front left speaker was blown. No problem, I don't have much money but I'll just go out to Walmart and buy new speakers.

I buy a pair of Scosche HD 3-Way Full Range Speakers, have my dad install them, and I'm all set! Now here comes the problem. When listening to less than 2 minutes, there is no obvious issue. But the next day when I'm on my hour drive to college I notice my ears start to hurt. The longer I drive, the more painful it is! I turned down the volume so low that the wind outside my car is louder, turned the bass, mid, and treb as low as they all go, but nothing works! It's as if the music I can barely hear is clawing out the insides of my ears!

So to my question: what the heck is going on here? I know it's not my ears, I can listed to crazy loud music at home or in other people's car and no pain, and I never had this problem with my old stock speakers. Should I toss these new speakers and buy replacement stock speakers?