Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Replacing stock speakers?!

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2012, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing stock speakers?!

I have had the hardest time with replacing my stock speakers in the front. I've been given the run around with the install people and was told it would be extra because of the amount of work it would take to do it. I refuse to pay 80.00+ to replace my speakers when I'm perfectly aware that it's nothing more than plugging some wires into a speaker and remounting it. The problem comes in when I get the stock speakers out - I can't get them out of the plastic mounting that holds them into the door. I bought 6.5" speakers, however they are round...they need to be mounted into that plastic piece so I can mount them into my door...however I cannot get the stock speakers out of that piece! I can't be the only one who has run into this problem, am I?! Can anyone help me out please?!
Old January 7th, 2012, 5:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It should be obvious that you're looking at a whole speaker purpose-built for that application. You're going to have to cut the inside out and then glue in the new speaker. That's a lot of time-consuming work for which "80.00+" doesn't seem unreasonable.