Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2010 Colorado 2.9L Automatic Trans Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2021, 6:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Colorado 2.9L Automatic Trans Help Please!

Hi Everyone, I have had a recent spot of bad luck and my Colorado is in pretty bad shape. Sadly I left it for 4 months with an unreliable friend who promised to drive it and didn't. Anyways long story short is that an animal got in the engine and ate a bunch of wires. The truck wouldn't turn on at all so I found an "electrical mechanic" to work on it and get it started. I've not had to much luck with mechanics and my last one replaced the fuel pump with the wrong part. When I left it with my friend this was the ONLY issue I was having and I had plans to swap the part out again with the correct one when I returned. Sadly when I got back the car wasn't running and while the new mechanic did get it started I wasn't super happy with how he did things as he left things disconnected and new connections bare. See the attached pics. Anyways the truck now runs but it seems it has almost no power when it is first started and the AC only works intermittently. When I do drive the truck almost feels like it is running in a higher gear than it should be. When I first picked up the truck I had the following codes: P0690, P069E, P0700, P0107, and P0300. But then I took it to a mechanic and swapped out the fuel pump (I like this guy but he doesn't do electrics) and then cleared the codes. While the truck does run better I am still having the issue with it not having any power at It is currently giving me the following codes P0700 and P069E. PLEASE understand I am NOT driving this truck except to the various mechanics so I am pretty desperate to get it working. Anyways long story short I contacted the only other "electrical mechanic" in my town to reconnect the disconnected harness, fix whatever electrical problems exist as well as the AC. Sadly he had my car for almost a week and then gave it back to me with the AC working only intermittently and nothing else done. He said it is probably a bad ECM or problems with the transmission and that I should buy a USED ECM off his friend so we could "TRY" to see if that fixes it. Anyways I declined as I don't like to buy used parts unless they have been rebuilt and it all just felt kinda wrong to guess with expensive parts.

Anyways my gut really says that it is an electrical problem as that just makes the most logical sense. But I am hoping the hive mind could chime in and tell me what you all think before I shell out money on parts for a guessing game. Also just to note neither of the "electrical mechanics" have access to the wiring diagrams. I have since purchased them but sadly I am not sure I want to bring the truck back to either of them and I'm really not sure what to do at this point besides post here.

Thanks so much for your advice. Even if it is to say that the first mechanic actually did a decent job and I should just take it back to him with the wiring diagrams.

Oops I forgot to say that I have a sinking suspicion that the truck is running in reduced engine power mode but the dash doesn't show the light for this.

Last edited by jkcolorado; May 21st, 2021 at 7:03 PM.