Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2016 3.6 trailer mode ??

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2018, 6:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 3.6 trailer mode ??

I posted this on the GMC Canyon forum but seems everyone over there is asleep. Or maybe this is just a problem with my truck. Has anyone discovered that the shift program and drivability is better when TRAILER MODE is selected. In standard mode it upshifts way to early and I have to stomp it to get it to downshift. Anyone else having this??
Old November 1st, 2018, 7:27 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by fotyfobravo
I posted this on the GMC Canyon forum but seems everyone over there is asleep. Or maybe this is just a problem with my truck. Has anyone discovered that the shift program and drivability is better when TRAILER MODE is selected. In standard mode it upshifts way to early and I have to stomp it to get it to downshift. Anyone else having this??
Tow Mode raises shift points to prevent it 'hunting' as much for the correct gear, and it has a more aggressive grade braking function. You can switch it in/out of tow/haul anytime to see if it makes a difference, without worrying about damaging anything.
Old November 4th, 2018, 2:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

Originally Posted by fotyfobravo
I had (have ) same issue with my ‘03 Silverado. I checked tranny fluid and found it to be over filled. I siphoned out about a pint. That helped a lot but didn’t totally alleviate the issue. Since then, I lost 4th gear and starting from a dead stop very sluggish. CIL illuminated and threw codes P0756,753,and 758. Replaced 2 shift control solenoids and ran great for 7 days. Yesterday I felt a slip shifting into 2 nd gear and lost 4 gear again. Now, starting at a dead stop even more sluggish than before still no 4 th gear. Tried manually shifting from 1st to 2nd to 3rd, etc. found no 2nd gear even when shifting manually. Feels like trying to start off in 3rd gear when in drive but only minimaly faster if starting in 1st