Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2017 4WD Extended cab WT Fuse Block

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2022, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 4WD Extended cab WT Fuse Block

Hi Guys
I recently purchased this 2017 pickup to use as a survey truck and I am adding a Dash Cam with Rear View camera. The system wants to get power from the fuse block in the cab. I have retrieved a copy of the wiring diagram and fuse block and I tried to connect the Dash Cam to the Radio fuse. I want the cam to be active only when the Ignition Switch is on. I plugged in the adapter with fuses in their correct positions and the dash camera seemed to be fine. Then I turned on the switch and started the car. The dash cam came on as expected and I was happy. Then I turned off the ignition and all went dark as expected but then after a few seconds, the dash cam woke up and started using my battery with the ignition turned off. It seems on this vehicle, all the fuses are powered even with the ignition turned off. Is this true?
1. Can anyone help me find a fuse that is not powered when the ignition is off?
2. I saw a YouTube video where the fellow talked about moving a fuse to disable the power to the cigarette liter when the ignition is off. I think it involved moving the fuse to the space marked P40, is it possible that I can do this and make the radio fuse neutral with the ignition switch off?

Help!