Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2017 Colorado Transmission

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2018, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Colorado Transmission

We have a new 2017 Colorado purchased in April, 2018. The truck is a 4WD, 6 cylinder and was purchased to tow behind our RV. It had 400 miles when we bought it and now has 2,800. I have noticed the transmission jerks some especially when i put it in gear to drive. It also is slow shifting when taking off. Several times I have found the 4WD switch in 4 wheel instead of 2 wheel drive but I can’t tell that it actually shifted into 4WD. I must hit the switch when getting in or out of the vehicle. Is this jerky transmission normal?
i am also disappointed that there is no indication on the instrument panel that tells you whether you are in 2 or 4 WD.
Old July 17th, 2018, 8:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After a 2 year break in production Chevy reintroduced the Colorado in 2015. With this new model came a problem-plagued, computer controlled trans that is common in vehicles these days. Be grateful that you don't have a 2015 or 2016 model. As is typical when a new model comes out, it takes a couple years to get the bugs out. The 2017 and 2018 models years don't appear to be as bad...unless you have one with the problem that you describe. As far as I know, all you can do is go to the dealership and have them "flash" or reprogram the computer and hopefully that will work for you. This is a reason why I still put money into my 01 Suburban, all this modern technology even frustrates seasoned mechanics.