Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

2019 COLORADO Z71 torque converter issues

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2019, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 COLORADO Z71 torque converter issues

Brand new 2019 Colorado, less than 2k miles, and it shudders at different speeds. Took it to the dealer and they informed me that it's a torque converter issue. Was told it is happening a lot lately on the Colorado's and the Camaro's. I was told that the initial fix is to flush the transmission and use some type of special fluid. Then I need to drive it 200 miles to see if it fixes the issue. If it doesn't, I'm being told they will replace the torque converter. Is anybody else gone through this, and if so, did it fix the issue?

Last edited by joshtay; February 1st, 2019 at 10:14 PM.
Old April 26th, 2019, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colorado Shudders

I have a 2016 Colorado and experience the exact same thing, Chevy replaced the torque converter with the truck at just about 3000 miles. It was a improvement but
still experiences the Shudders but not as bad.. after sever more months.. took it back to the dealer, truck at 16900 on mileage now and found there was a tech bulletin on it 18-NA-145 >They had Reprogrammed ECM and TCM and reset Adapts.. No issues since truck at 29000 now.. Hope this helps