Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

ac off 2008 colorado

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2014, 6:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello jrs1842,

Were you able to figure out what was causing this issue? As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Feel free to private message me if you have any lingering questions or concerns.

Jennifer T.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Negative. Still got same issue. I can reset my codes and works fine for a day or two then back same thing. It also throws a code for throttle body sensor. Not sure if they related but common sense tells me there not related.
Old August 22nd, 2014, 5:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Please continue to keep us posted, jrs1842. If this continues to be an issue we suggest getting into the dealership, but we'd be here every step of the way if additional assistance was needed. Feel free to reach out via private message if you have further questions.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 15th, 2015, 5:01 PM
CF Beginner

I have recently started running into the same issue, it goes off and then back on all the time, I have a mechanic that is going to look into it however very strange this is happening to a lot of the same vehicles!!!
Old January 29th, 2015, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

I've started experiencing the same problem. AC OFF comes on and temperature gauge stops working. I can only assume the two are related.

The truck is being worked on at a dealership for the second time for the same issue. The first time they assumed it was a battery issue and replaced my battery. Has anyone resolved this?
Old January 30th, 2015, 7:43 AM
CF Beginner

Default I have my problem solved

I had the same problem, what i did was to replace the thermostat, it was causing that the temp gauge stopped working and then the AC turned off for system protection, as soon as i replaced that piece, i have had no problems since a year ago approximately. best regards
Attached Thumbnails ac off 2008 colorado-termostato.png  
Old December 2nd, 2015, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

This just happened to me this past week. I'll take it in to the shop to see if the thermostat thing works. 99085 miles on the truck. One wreck. Auto door locks and driver's power window don't work. (Module in door?) Thanks.

Last edited by Kent2008Colorado; December 2nd, 2015 at 9:03 PM.
Old March 24th, 2016, 11:01 PM
CF Beginner

Default ac of, temperature gauge down

Originally Posted by monigas
Does anybody have the assembly and electrical diagrams for the chevy colorado 2008 ^?

I will appreciate it

thanks in advance
ac off message came on and the coolant gauge is registering cold. I checked fluid and is full, I change thermost, water pump, temperature sensor, the problem still there, some body have the solution?
Old March 25th, 2016, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

Default Not a problem anymore.

Originally Posted by chichibal
ac off message came on and the coolant gauge is registering cold. I checked fluid and is full, I change thermost, water pump, temperature sensor, the problem still there, some body have the solution?
My issues stopped when my mechanic swapped out the thermostat. They ended when I traded the truck off.
Old June 14th, 2016, 8:41 AM
CF Beginner

Hi, I have the same problem with my 2008 Colorado, (AC Off) where you able to take to the dealership and if so did they find the problem.
Old June 14th, 2016, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem

Quick Reply: ac off 2008 colorado