Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Which Engine???

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2020, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Engine???

Hello, I'm new to the forum and did a precursory search for my question and didn't see anything so i figured i'd ask.

I've been driving a Honda Accord for the past 10 years. I love the reliability of my Honda. I've been reading everything about mid size and smaller trucks for the past month or so and in another month from now, i'm probably going to hunt down and buy something. I'm a home owner now so i want a truck. The need has come up often enough for a truck that i feel it's warranted but i do not want anything large.

Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon are near the top of my list. I love the idea of the 2.8l diesel as it gets almost as good of mileage on the highway as my v6 accord gets but gives me all the truck functions i need for my home/property. Review sites seem to like the v6 for a lot of reasons but it's not as good on fuel, and frankly i can't find a ton of info on the 2.5l 4 banger beyond just tech specs. So my question is, from a longevity perspective, which is the best engine. If it's the v6, I'll take the hit on economy. I want to drive my new truck for 10+ years and I would prefer to not have to repeatedly dump money into the engine.

As owners of this vehicle, what are your thoughts and do you have any regrets?

Ok so that was a couple questions but you get the point, i wanna know about the engines from people that have actually used them.

Thanks in advance and again, i searched the forum for this but didn't see it. Sorry if it's in another area i didn't yet know to look in.