Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Engine rebuilders?

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2018, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine rebuilders?

My 2007's engine (2.9L I4) is rapidly burning through oil. The mechanic says I should rebuild the engine or drop in a re-manned one, since the body is still in great shape. Can anyone suggest a good quality engine rebuilder or remanufacturer? I have reached out to two local engine re-builders but neither one responded to my requests for a quote. I am getting mixed reviews on the re-manufactured engines I found online. I'm in the Denver, Colorado area.

Old September 6th, 2018, 4:05 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Lily_Chambers
My 2007's engine (2.9L I4) is rapidly burning through oil. The mechanic says I should rebuild the engine or drop in a re-manned one, since the body is still in great shape. Can anyone suggest a good quality engine rebuilder or remanufacturer? I have reached out to two local engine re-builders but neither one responded to my requests for a quote. I am getting mixed reviews on the re-manufactured engines I found online. I'm in the Denver, Colorado area.
How about a good low mile used motor with a pretty good warrenty?

Chevy Colorado Used Engines | 5.3L | 3.7L | 3.5L | 2.9L | 2.8L | Colorado Engines
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, much. I have reached out to them for a quote. My truck is in great shape, except for the engine, and I hate to junk a perfectly good body.
Old September 6th, 2018, 4:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Lily_Chambers
Thanks, much. I have reached out to them for a quote. My truck is in great shape, except for the engine, and I hate to junk a perfectly good body.
I know the feeling. My old K-1500 has a good, no rust body and good paint. Thankfully the engine is still running strong. I dont have access to a hoist or a cherry picker, but
I'd likely upgrade (shuddering at the thought) but it's not in my plans. She's a great Chevrolet for sure! Water pump and 4WD actuator are the only things I've repaired so far.