Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Forward Collision Alert not alerting

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2023, 3:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Forward Collision Alert not alerting

Can somebody with a 2022 Colorado with the Forward Collision Alert option help me? In the menu for Vehicle Personalization | Collision / Detection Systems, do you see a menu selection item for [Forward Collision System]? It should be the top most menu item (above Park Assist). Choices are: Off, Alert, Alert and Brake
My Colorado does not show this menu. I positively have the option. I can see the green / yellow car on the instrument panel as well as adjust the distance settings on the steering wheel.
The problem I have is the red alert lights never come on. I want the Alert. I think the red lights should become active when the tracked car goes from green to yellow. But, without the menu selection, I can't turn on Alert or Alert and Brake. Can anybody help me with this? If I can't fix this myself, I will. To be fair to the dealer, I haven't had the Service Department look at this yet. I hate to bother them if it's just something I am doing wrong.
Old March 10th, 2023, 4:49 PM
rcp
CF Beginner

Default FCA system

Originally Posted by BLH1959
Can somebody with a 2022 Colorado with the Forward Collision Alert option help me? In the menu for Vehicle Personalization | Collision / Detection Systems, do you see a menu selection item for [Forward Collision System]? It should be the top most menu item (above Park Assist). Choices are: Off, Alert, Alert and Brake
My Colorado does not show this menu. I positively have the option. I can see the green / yellow car on the instrument panel as well as adjust the distance settings on the steering wheel.
The problem I have is the red alert lights never come on. I want the Alert. I think the red lights should become active when the tracked car goes from green to yellow. But, without the menu selection, I can't turn on Alert or Alert and Brake. Can anybody help me with this? If I can't fix this myself, I will. To be fair to the dealer, I haven't had the Service Department look at this yet. I hate to bother them if it's just something I am doing wrong.
I have a green car, gap setting, and a simulated car in front of me, on my instrument cluster. There are warning lights on my windshield and beeps. I can turn the system on/off in settings alert and brake menu. My problem is that the car does not automatically slow as stated in the manual. The Chevrolet dealership tells me that it is not supposed to brake automatically. What' up with this?
Old March 14th, 2023, 10:17 AM
rcp
CF Beginner

I took my car to a different Chevrolet dealership. The service writer check for service codes and found that my system had a problem. I left the car with them for repair.