Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Remote start climate controls

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2017, 8:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start climate controls

Is there any way to set the climate controls (heater and A/C) so that they turn on when you use the remote start? From the factory, the climate controls do not work until the ignition is turned to the on position.
What's the point of having remote start if it will not heat the vehicle in the winter, or cool it in the summer?
Is there a computer hack in the ECU or some other way to change this factory settings? If not, you're better off buying a aftermarket remote start.
Thanks.
Old February 12th, 2018, 6:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Climate control

If you havent already done this you should check your owners manual
i have a 2015 colorado and have not done any thing but leave my heat a blower settings on high-and on low for air conditioner it works every time for me so far no problems
remote start first thing and its fairly warm when i leave for work
Old February 24th, 2018, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should check your owners manual
Old July 27th, 2018, 8:48 AM
CF Beginner

Hi all,

I live in Florida and have had my car a year now. All last summer I used the remote control start feature from my phone app to cool the car in the afternoons when I'd leave from work. It worked great. Well, it's getting hot again and I've started using remote start as I leave my office every day, but when I get to the car, it's always on defrost and not blowing any air out the dash vents, even though it's 85 degrees outside, the climate controls are set on 'Auto' and 'Eco', and the climate control temp is set on 72. Once I'm in the car and actually start it up to drive, the AC starts coming out the dash vents like it should.

Also, the electric heat doesn't work on the car, so I don't know if the issues are related. I'm having the heat fixed this weekend so I'll probably ask about this issue as well.

In any event, does anyone else have this issue? Is there something that I'm overlooking or do I need to have the car serviced?

Last edited by Jon Walter; August 1st, 2018 at 9:48 AM.