Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Sound system overhall

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2009, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system overhall

i just bought a 06' crew cab colorado and i'm gonna redo the entire sound system. just wondering if anyone ran into any problems replacing the factory system. i'm gonna replace the receiver, front and rear door speakers, tweeters, and add subs (probably a bazooka tube because i don't feel like messing with a custom enclosure). Did everyone use 6 1/2in speakers in both the front and rear?
Old April 30th, 2009, 2:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you need to mess with a custom enclosure. They make them for trucks. Bazookas are a waste of money. If you are going to do subs then I recommend Pioneer speakers because they have excellent treble. If you are going for a non competition sub then I would go with a Alpine Type R or a Kicker. Both are good quality, JL audio obviously one of the best quality subs. If you are going to get a head unit get the updated model of mine. Mine is the Pioneer P8MP. It's excellent quality. It gives you equalizers to adjust, 4 pages worth to adjust bass, 4 pages to adjust mid and 4 for treble. It also has a HPF (high pass filter). This is to ensure you don't blow your speakers and you can adjust just the bass output for your speakers instead of turning both down. Try to pick up a kenwood fan cooled amp. They are good quality.

With this setup you can either make it sound like great high quality surround sound where it's just perfect bass and highly adjustable.... or you can crank it up and lose a window. This setup is not very expensive.

Take it from someone who does audio in all of his cars. You should stick with factory speakers. They normally put out the best quality. Regardless of brand. You will not find a system that sounds clearer then my chevy with aftermarket speakers. My chevy is all stock speakers and it seriously sounds just like a Dolby surround sound system. It's more about the amp and mostly about the head unit. If you have the Bose speakers you would be a fool to swap them out. And if you don't then I would invest in getting them for your car. They came factory so you can get them for the avalanche.
Old May 13th, 2009, 1:34 PM
Impala Super Moderator

Originally Posted by OnDaGround
Take it from someone who does audio in all of his cars. You should stick with factory speakers. They normally put out the best quality. Regardless of brand.
I highly disagree
Old May 13th, 2009, 2:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Yeah...I gotta disagree with that one as well...all of my vehicles I've replaced the factory speakers so I could get better sound quality...and was able to achieve that by using infinity speakers...and if you want better quality yet, amp the speakers.

But upgrading your factory speakers should enhance the sound quality.

But audio is all in the ears of the beholder...what one person thinks sounds great another person might think the opposite...it's good you are starting with research online, but make sure you listen to alot of different speakers before purchasing, that way you can get what sounds the best to you.