TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Whining sound from front passenger wheel and clicking sound from dash on 02 TB

Old March 15th, 2010, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining sound from front passenger wheel and clicking sound from dash on 02 TB

My wife's 02 Trailblazer is giving us two problems. We just got the truck in January. The whining sound was there when we test drove, but the man said it was probably just air. Bull. It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time. Taking off, driving, slowing down.... the same whining noise from the front passenger tire. It doesn't make a different noise or change when turning, the noise stays the same.

Then I noticed the service airbag light was on. My wife is pregnant, so I drove the truck til the shop fixed the airbag problem. When the airbag light came on, a clicking noise also started in the dash. The shop changed some computer dealing with the airbag, took it to a dealership to get the computer programmed. The clicking sound is still there. My wife said it only comes on when the A/C is on. But I drove it an hour and a half to the mechanic and it make the clicking sound the whole time. I didn't have the A/C on. Well I got to the mechanic, and the noise stops. He told me to stay in town for awhile to see if it comes back. Haven't heard the sound since this morning. It sounds sort of like a clicking pen. It has two sounds, like click in, click out. I spent 4 hours staying near the shop, and didn't hear a thing.