Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Strong / Bad ‘New Car Smell’; Toxic?

Search this Thread

Old March 26th, 2019, 4:44 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Strong / Bad ‘New Car Smell’; Toxic?

After test driving a handful of trucks, I’ve noticed there’s a really strong, bad smelling ‘new car smell’ in these Colorado’s.

Isn’t this the glue, epoxy, adhesives they use, which if you were to purchase for home use, the label would say toxic fumes / use in well ventilated area?

Do these trucks have a very strong smell across the board?

Has this bothered anyone else upon delivery?

What can I do to speed up the process of getting rid of it upon delivery, besides driving with the windows down?

Unfortunately, somewhat nauseating.

Thanks.
Old March 30th, 2019, 9:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
After test driving a handful of trucks, I’ve noticed there’s a really strong, bad smelling ‘new car smell’ in these Colorado’s.

Isn’t this the glue, epoxy, adhesives they use, which if you were to purchase for home use, the label would say toxic fumes / use in well ventilated area?

Do these trucks have a very strong smell across the board?

Has this bothered anyone else upon delivery?

What can I do to speed up the process of getting rid of it upon delivery, besides driving with the windows down?

Unfortunately, somewhat nauseating.

Thanks.
If it was summer then the heat would help dry any of this stuff. Have a heated garage to store it in?Never bother me too much. Be glad you are not breathing Roundup. Guy won 85 million in a lawsuit over R-U causing cancer. I always knew that stuff wasn't as benign as monsanto said it was. Back to the vehicle, I'd just crack the windows down until it goes away.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; March 30th, 2019 at 9:45 AM.