Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Very strange turn signal/brake issue...

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2008, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very strange turn signal/brake issue...

I have a 2006 Isuzu i-280. It's still under warranty, but I was hoping to get an idea of what the issue is before I take it in.

Very recently, my truck started acting goofy when I apply the brakes. I will elaborate.

When I press the brake pedal, my left turn signal arrow on the dash lights up halfway. The turn signal clicks once while the brake pedal is depressed. When I take my foot off the brake, the left arrow goes out and the turn signal clicking noiseclicks off.

When I go to turn on my right turn signal with the brake depressed, the turn signal clicker does not make the clicking noise.

When I go to turn on my left turn signal with the brake depressed, the turn signal flashes rapidly (like when a bulb is burnt out). The clicker does work though.

However, when I do NOT have the brake pedal depressed, both left and right turn signals operate normally.

This is an intermittent problem, although it is getting much worse. I do have a trailer hitch (installed by U-Haul) and I am not sure if this would affect anything. I have had the brake switch recall fixed already.

Any help is truly appreciated! Thanks!
Old December 13th, 2008, 8:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Very strange turn signal/brake issue...

Uhaul is infamous for messing things up, particularly shorting things to ground when they install hitches. You have a short to ground somewhere causing your symptoms.