Colorado The compact pickup from Chevy, including the new Duramax Turbo-Diesel Colorado.

Chevrolet Colorado
Platform: GMT 350, GMT 31XX

Why does the ac stop working after 15 minutes?

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2018, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does the ac stop working after 15 minutes?

After about 15 minutes in very hot weather, the AC stops blowing out the vents, but the fan is still running. I was told it was probably the condensate line blocked up, but I tried to clean it and it still does it. After you turn it off for 15 minutes, it unfreezes and starts working again....but only temporarily
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

-check for low refrigerant level
-when it stops working....rev and hold the engine rpm at 2500 for about 15 seconds...if the cold air comes back...the compressor is tired.
Old September 9th, 2018, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

I was told the issue can not be fixed. I also have a copy of the service bulletin from GM. It states there is no fix at this time. I bought a brand new Colorado 3 months ago and have the same issue. If i drive on the xpressway for 50 to 75 miles in Humid weather the evaporator freezes up. I took pics. Four dealers have said sorry there is nothing they can do and called GM. Nothing they can do either.. I just emailed the BBB to see what they can do.
Old September 9th, 2018, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

gm engineers will have to design a fix.
Old September 10th, 2018, 12:16 PM
CF Beginner

Well I took it into the dealer about 3 weeks ago, and they said something about a module behind the dash. If it was blue, it should be replaced with new green one. He printed out the bulletin about it, but said it would be like a stupid amount of money for the part and the labor. I decided against it and perhaps will do it myself if I ever find time!