Computer, Ignition, & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, ignition system, fuel system and delivery, customization and more.

350 TBI Knock sensor

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2008, 1:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 TBI Knock sensor

I have a 1995 Chevrolet K2500 4x4 A/T.

It showed a code 43 and to my understanding that is the knock sensor. Was just wondering if this is a common issue with these engines or of there is something else I should check? I ordered a new knock sensor and am hoping it will cure it. But the weird thing to me is at running temp and idle rpm the oil pressure drops all the way down. Does this have anything to do with it or is it just my luck that a new oil pump is needed as well?

FYI, I am brand new to this forum, I already searched this forum for knock sensors for a 350 tbi and I came up with nothing. Please forgive me if this issue has been addressed before.

EDIT: i put the new sensor in today. it eliminated the code and fixed the problem it was SUPPOSED to fix. But the oil pressure is still too low so I guess the oil pump is going out. And also it is still knocking and i'm pretty sure its a rod bearing or something, it sounds like it anyway. I looked into getting a new one from the chevrolet and they quoted me $2,222 for one, in the crate, with 3 year 100k mile warranty. I think I'm going to go with that and take this one out and try to rebuild it and learn from it. I am very interested in engines and how they work and one day I want to build one from the ground up and this is a perfect learning oppurtunity I think.

</rambling>