Corvette Since 1953, the All American Sports car, and with the new 2014 C7 model, no end is in sight.

2014 Corvette C7
Platform: Y-body
Latest Corvette C7 News here: CorvetteForum.com

Cleetus McFarland blows Vette engine at strip

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2019, 6:31 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cleetus McFarland blows Vette engine at strip

Obviously, there are plenty of videos of cars blowing engines on YouTube. But seldom to we get to see the aftermath of them going pop, so it was kind of cool to watch this video of Cleetus McFarland dissecting the destruction of this mill is pretty interesting. Like all of his videos, it's a fun watch, but if you just want to cut to the chase and see all the carnage, there are some great photos here.

Old January 9th, 2019, 8:17 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I was in a position where I could be that happy about blowing an engine. Ha ha!
Old January 15th, 2019, 8:18 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts

Other than the outlay for the Corvette and the turbo and so on they put on it, it's cheap fun, a $400 junkyard engine that blew because they took some shortcuts on the build.

Those guys make a ton of money from the ad revenue, one of the other ones who does these videos let on what he gets paid and two months of his would have paid for what MacFarland initially paid for the car, plus half a dozen engines and likely all the hop up parts.