Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chevy Cruze engine power reduced, service esp, and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old February 1st, 2016, 5:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Service Stabilitrak, Check Traction Control/Reduced Engine Power

I purchased my 2012 Chevy Cruze in July 2015 after my return to the states from Germany because my other car was still on a boat. After having the car for 6 months, out of the blue I get a CEL and notifications to Service Stabilitrak, Check Traction Control, And Engine Power Reduced only allowing me to move at 3 MPH. In the National Capital Region this is a major Safety Issue with the way these people drive. I left the car with the dealer hoping this would be covered by the power train warranty, but SURPRISE! They called today saying I need a new throttle body which is not covered under warranty, and it would be around $480 to have it fixed. I have never seen this part go out on a vehicle with well under 100,000 miles. This is ridiculous, I now owe $115 just for having it hooked up to figure out what is was. This has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth for Chevrolet, and I am all for buying American….I guess I should have bought a Ford instead. Lesson learned…...
Old February 1st, 2016, 8:56 PM
CF Veteran

you talk like fords don't have issues?
Old February 2nd, 2016, 5:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was most likely the airflow sensor, GM says it cannot be cleaned but it can be. Hopefully you took it to a trusted shop and got a second opinion. Only use a "stealership" when your trusted shop teles you the issue should be coverd under warranty. If you came from Germany you should already now this.
Old February 11th, 2016, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

Default GM

Does nothing about about the throttle body problem !!!Well they do but the cost comes out of your pocket. Knowing about the dangers and multiple people experiencing this issue you would think that they would issue a recall. This is a very dangerous situation for Cruze owners. For gods sake I am afraid to drive to work every day
Old February 20th, 2016, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default 09 silverado traction control, ABS, stability trac lights are all on

I just changed brake pads night before last. Spongy pedal afterwards. Was told didn't have to bleed, just drive around neighborhood and seat them in. Still spongy. Anyway, took a 5 hour trip the next morning, needless to say the TDOT have massive potholes. I hit a deep one at 70 mph. That's when lights came on!!. Ignored and finished trip. About a miles from home (600 miles later) terrible grinding on right front when wheel is turned. I removed wheel, checked all bolts, eveything is tight and looks perfect??? HELP!!! All those lights?? Now grinding???
Old March 20th, 2016, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Omg my exact problem!!! All of it down to the payment only thing different I purchased in October 2014!! Dealing w all those problems currently scared to drive home as I'm away on business!

QUOTE=thtgrl1985;292123]I purchased a 2011 Chevy Cruze back in June of 2014. It has less than 31,000 miles on it and I am completely disgusted by all of the issues that I've had with this car. Today I had 3 warning lights come on(engine power reduced, service esp, and service traction control). I'm not sure if it's because of the extremely cold weather, but I don't care. This is my 2nd Chevy and after bad experiences with both, I will never purchase another. My Cruze cut off on me 3 times in the middle if traffic and it took 10 tries to make it back to my job where I had to leave my car. I have an appointment with the dealer in a couple of days and I'm afraid of what they are going to say. Has anyone else had this problem? About how much was it to fix? I'm really upset that I am paying $400+ a month for a car that has me spending money on repairs already.[/QUOTE]
Old February 20th, 2020, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by thtgrl1985
i purchased a 2011 chevy cruze back in june of 2014. It has less than 31,000 miles on it and i am completely disgusted by all of the issues that i've had with this car. Today i had 3 warning lights come on(engine power reduced, service esp, and service traction control). I'm not sure if it's because of the extremely cold weather, but i don't care. This is my 2nd chevy and after bad experiences with both, i will never purchase another. My cruze cut off on me 3 times in the middle if traffic and it took 10 tries to make it back to my job where i had to leave my car. I have an appointment with the dealer in a couple of days and i'm afraid of what they are going to say. Has anyone else had this problem? About how much was it to fix? I'm really upset that i am paying $400+ a month for a car that has me spending money on repairs already.
i have had the same issues with my 2011 chevy cruze! I want to be so over this car already. Major repairs from the first year i bought it 2014! Ive poured more money into this car then what the value is. Each time im hoping to have my car running good. Esp tc check engine light loe engine power. Ive had issues with the engine, coolant system, harness wires, so many repairs ive lost count! Im 5 years in on my loan and cant wait till its paid for. I just pray its still running till then! If chevy cruze had a lemon year i would say 2011 is hat! Chevy on a hill in washington pa sold me the car knowing i had reservations. I only agreed because i was told i could bring it back within 30 days and be put in something different. That was the only reason i did! Only to go back in 10 days for him to tell me he never told me that! Ive been conned and sick of all the repairs from my first year! 8 times to there service garage! Numerous times to garages ever since! Yes im mad! Rediculous! My bank wont help me with another until its paid in full! Ill never own another chevy!
Old June 13th, 2020, 8:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Permanet Solution - Fixed

Originally Posted by Lori Sprowls
i have had the same issues with my 2011 chevy cruze! I want to be so over this car already. Major repairs from the first year i bought it 2014! Ive poured more money into this car then what the value is. Each time im hoping to have my car running good. Esp tc check engine light loe engine power. Ive had issues with the engine, coolant system, harness wires, so many repairs ive lost count! Im 5 years in on my loan and cant wait till its paid for. I just pray its still running till then! If chevy cruze had a lemon year i would say 2011 is hat! Chevy on a hill in washington pa sold me the car knowing i had reservations. I only agreed because i was told i could bring it back within 30 days and be put in something different. That was the only reason i did! Only to go back in 10 days for him to tell me he never told me that! Ive been conned and sick of all the repairs from my first year! 8 times to there service garage! Numerous times to garages ever since! Yes im mad! Rediculous! My bank wont help me with another until its paid in full! Ill never own another chevy!

It was veey fraustrating when i was left on a motor way with similar problem.
12 mechanics in 5 days and no one could fix it even after diagnosing with Roxwell and X100 untill i met this amazing mechanic; Eric +233 548 76 3381, he spent 20 minutes to get all the issues fixed.
Engine misfire - fixed
Engine power reduce- fixed
Traction Control - fixed
service ESP - fixed
Turbo fan loud
noise - fixed
jerking in red light - fixed
overheating- fixed

I spent less than USD 100 to get all these fixed.
Contact Eric on +233548763381

My name is Enoch contact me on +233 249 602 603