Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Chevy Cruze fan extremely loud!

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2016, 6:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2011 Chevy Cruze fan extremely loud!

Chevy Cruze fan sounds like a jet/bus! Starts when idle but no difference in temperature gauge. Heat is iffy as well, sometimes kicks on, sometimes takes forever! Also, no check engine light. 75,000 miles and thinking about getting rid of if problem is indicative of something serious! Any suggestions?!
THANKS!
Old March 9th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rdownard10
Chevy Cruze fan sounds like a jet/bus! Starts when idle but no difference in temperature gauge. Heat is iffy as well, sometimes kicks on, sometimes takes forever! Also, no check engine light. 75,000 miles and thinking about getting rid of if problem is indicative of something serious! Any suggestions?!
THANKS!
Hey rdownard10,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Cruze and definitely understand how frustrating this could be. If you would like to have a diagnosis performed by your local Chevrolet dealership, I could assist with setting an appointment. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership. Please let me know if you have any questions. I’m always glad to be of assistance.

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 23rd, 2016, 9:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar problem - fan running loud all the time. Check engine light sometimes comes on, sometimes not. Check engine light started randomly coming on a couple months ago, but the fan thing didn't start until a couple weeks ago.
Old March 24th, 2016, 7:50 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by KingDavid73
I have a similar problem - fan running loud all the time. Check engine light sometimes comes on, sometimes not. Check engine light started randomly coming on a couple months ago, but the fan thing didn't start until a couple weeks ago.
Hello KingDavid73,

I just responded to your public post on another thread. In case you didn't see it, our team would be more than happy to bring this to the attention of a certified Chevrolet dealership. We're available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and preferred dealer to move forward.

Kind regards,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care