Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Cruze Eco Problems

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2014, 8:10 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Cruze Eco Compounding Problems...

I bought my 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco (Manual) used about a year and half ago. Nice looking car, easy to drive but after the first day the transmission started grinding going from 2nd into 3rd. iI hadn't driven a manual in a while, but i knew something was wrong. I took it back to the dealership and they claimed they checked everything over during their hundred point inspection and that I'd have to pay for them to look at it when they didn't find anything. Well it turned out something WAS wrong with the tranny and Chevy sent them a brand new one to put in. Great! Brand new tranny at 34,000 miles.

The clutch and throttle always seemed to have a disconnect from the engine. Every once and a while it would feel like it wasn't getting enough gas. Like the throttle would hesitate. I've seen a lot of posts about so I figured it was something I'd just have to deal with.

Two weeks ago the service light came on and the dashboard started flashing messages that the stability control AND the traction control needed servicing. Couple days later the throttle started choking on acceleration. Especially on an incline OR decline. It stalled twice over the weekend pulling up to a stop, then yesterday the heater stopped blowing warm air. The engine dropped to 600rpm at idle and was pulsing like it was going to stall. Running real rough and headlight dimming. This morning on my way to work, heater still not working, the engine started overheating and the car said, “A/C turned off due to high engine Temp” I did NOT have the A/C on.

There are no recalls I can see for any of these problems. Anyone having any or all of these problems?

I'm going to try and get it to a different dealership today. Hopefully they can help.

Last edited by Huppert1978; December 30th, 2014 at 8:35 AM.
Old December 30th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Huppert1978
I bought my 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco (Manual) used about a year and half ago. Nice looking car, easy to drive but after the first day the transmission started grinding going from 2nd into 3rd. iI hadn't driven a manual in a while, but i knew something was wrong. I took it back to the dealership and they claimed they checked everything over during their hundred point inspection and that I'd have to pay for them to look at it when they didn't find anything. Well it turned out something WAS wrong with the tranny and Chevy sent them a brand new one to put in. Great! Brand new tranny at 34,000 miles.

The clutch and throttle always seemed to have a disconnect from the engine. Every once and a while it would feel like it wasn't getting enough gas. Like the throttle would hesitate. I've seen a lot of posts about so I figured it was something I'd just have to deal with.

Two weeks ago the service light came on and the dashboard started flashing messages that the stability control AND the traction control needed servicing. Couple days later the throttle started choking on acceleration. Especially on an incline OR decline. It stalled twice over the weekend pulling up to a stop, then yesterday the heater stopped blowing warm air. The engine dropped to 600rpm at idle and was pulsing like it was going to stall. Running real rough and headlight dimming. This morning on my way to work, heater still not working, the engine started overheating and the car said, “A/C turned off due to high engine Temp” I did NOT have the A/C on.

There are no recalls I can see for any of these problems. Anyone having any or all of these problems?

I'm going to try and get it to a different dealership today. Hopefully they can help.
Hey there,

Very sorry for these concerns with your Cruze. Were you able to bring your vehicle into a different dealership this morning? Please do let us know if you need any additional assistance or would like to share your experience. We would be happy to help the best way possible.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 31st, 2014, 2:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I just talked to the dealership. Apparently the Junction box over/by the battery had been corroding and was disrupting the computer system. They are replacing them both. Also, the water pump went out and there was no coolant in my overflow reserve. I had my oil changed a few weeks ago and it was fine then, so must have just went out. He mentioned something about the cam shaft, but the pump and anything else will be covered under the power train warranty. I just have to pay for the battery and the junction box. Hopefully this fixes all the throttle lag and heater issues I've been having.