Cruze Chevy's newest entry into compact cars takes safety to an all new level and ridicules the status quo set by the other manufacturers.

Chevrolet Cruze
Also Check out CruzeChat.com

2011 Cruze LT - Nervous owner

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2014, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2011 Cruze LT - Nervous owner

Good morning! Well, sort of...

I have a 2011 Chevy Cruze LT with 25,000 miles
This past weekend I have had a few issues arise with my car. On my way back from my lunch break at work Saturday I noticed the RPMs getting high as I was driving and the car did not want to shift gears. When I let of the gas the gears seemed to change. Saturday night on my way home the issue persisted and the little engine on the dash lit up. I also noticed a sort of pecking happening. Not like a lifter pecking in the engine, but more like over rambunctious rattle of sorts (if that makes any sense). I pulled out my manual when I got home and saw the light could be a loose gas cap or bad gas. Reseated the cap and crossed my fingers.

Sunday. I needed to make a quick quarter mile trip to the store. I decided to see how the car was responding. The engine light remains on and the rattling noise was more pronounced.

This morning I started my car and the sound was noticeable while idling. Almost sounds like a plastic shopping bag flapping in the wind and the pumps seemed to be working hard. I did not drive it in today, my partner was kind enough to drive me to work. I can not afford to have the vehicle towed until thursday or friday and I am not comfortable driving it the 3 miles to the dealer with all the noises that seem to be coming out of nowhere. Anyone experience these issues? I hope it is not going to cost me an arm and a leg to repair since I am now only working part time.
Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

We certainly recognize your concerns, safo78, and we're sorry you encountered rising RPMs, rattling noises and the engine light on your Cruze. Please keep in mind that you should be able to have your vehicle towed to the dealership by Chevrolet Roadside free of charge. For your reference, they can be reached by phone at 877-798-2989. We definitely suggest getting into the dealership to have your vehicle inspected. Please let us know when you find time to stop in to your local Chevy dealer. If there's anything we can do to assist during this time, please private message us your VIN, full contact information and preferred dealership name.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old September 2nd, 2014, 9:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you buy this new? Or used?

You haven't pulled the engine codes...

Are you looking for sympathy or a diagnosis?

sympathy: Sorry this is happening to you.

diagnosis: can't provide without a code from the computer.

Your insurance company may have Roadside assistance. if they do, Drive it onto the street and pull off to the side of the road safely and call for a tow. lol